Saturday, July 13, 2013

Spaced Out Summer... a short preview of what's to come.


Just passing by to post a quick preview of things I'd like to blog about. Phew! The Finnish summer is so short that you have to make the most of your time to enjoy it properly!

----

Käväisen vain postaamassa tämän pikaisen esimulkaisun siihen mitä blogissa tuleman pitää. Huh! Suomen kesä on niin lyhyt että pitää ottaa siitä kaikki irti ettei jää nauttimati!




1. Face -ups

I've been wanting to try my hand at making face ups for dolls myself. Because summer is the least rainiest ( -but trust me, still rainy!) season in Finland, I must try to do all the blank heads I own right now... At the top pic we have Soom Carbon (yet to be named, the poor thing!), formerly a blank face, now messed up made into a questionable masterpiece by none other than me! ^^;;

Here's a sneak peek of what I've done with my Spiritdoll Bloom-bunny... stay tuned to find out about the process of the face-up, my thoughts and the outcome, of course.
----

1. Face upit

Olen jo pitkään halunnut kokeilla omakätisesti face-uppaamista nukeille. Koska kesäisin on vähäisin sadevaara pitänee tehdä kaikki omistamani blankot päät kesänä, viime syksynä satoi ainakin niin runsaasti että en olisi viitsinyt ulkona meikata. Ja lakan haisut sekä astma ei ole paras yhdistelmä pienessä kylppärissä.
Ylemmässä kuvassa on itse töhertämäni Soom Carbon, jolla ei vielä ole nimeä... alemmassa näette pienen maistiaisen siitä, mitä tapahtui Spiritdoll Bloom-pupulleni.

Pysykää näköetäisyydellä niin pääsette jossain vaiheessa pällistelemään face-uppaamis prosessiani, ajatuksiani siitä sekä - tietysti lopputulosta.

----

2. Incoming dollies and stuff!

I'm  a sucker for summer events and human dolls with animal ears and paws. When these two collide, that can lead only to more incoming dollies...

Llyra (Sugarble Serena) here reaches out to a new friend through the monitor.

----

2. Nukkeja tulossa (ja muuta krääsää!)

Olen heikkona kesäeventteihin sekä ihmisnukkeihin eläinulokkeilla. Kun nämä kaksi kohtaavat, tuloksena voi olla vain lisää tulevia nukkeja...

Llyra kurottaa ruudun takaa terveiset uudelle ystävälle.



3. Summer Art Session (of the cire perdue kind) aka Spica's adventures in Northern Finland!

I'm currently attending a course in lost-wax casting with bronze (also called cire perdue) in the art school of Liminka, in Northern Finland. It has been a very interesting process and you can expect a detailed post about my wax-sculpting and bronze-casting ventures...

What you see here is the oven where our wax-sculptures inside their molds are burning. I'll tip my energy drink can to that!

See you soon!

----

3. Kesäkurssi pronssivalannassa eli Spican seikkailut pohojanmaalla!

Tällä nimenomaisella hetkellä olen Limingassa, Oulun lähellä taidekoulun pronssinvaluukurssilla. Prosessi on ollut tosi mielenkiintoinen ja jännittävä eli tiedätte odottaa kattavaa postaussarjaa vaha-muovaamis ja pronssivaluu-kokemuksistani...

Kuvassa näkyy tulinen pätsi, uuni jossa vahaveistoksemme muotteineen ovat palamassa lähes tuhat asteisessa olotilassa. Kohotan sille ES-maljan!

Nähdään pian!

No comments:

Post a Comment